I am in Seattle for a few days, leaving the girls at home with builders again!…. Obligatory shot of my toes from the plane as I write this note:
By the time I get home on Saturday the building work at the front of the house should be finished, at last!
Here’s where they are so far: (Before and after shots below)
Had a great time on Saturday at Tony & Sue’s wedding in San Souci – south of Sydney.
Found a recipe for success when attending a wedding with a two year old and a 3 month old:
- Get a good sleep in for the 2 year old before leaving the house
- Have an outdoor reception, in a park if possible, near a duck pond is even better,
- Great weather, not too hot around 28c and sunny is best,
- Have the reception close after in a venue with lots of space and a huge veranda overlooking a river and marina,
- Lastly, make sure there are lots of friends and family in attendance who are more than happy to dance, run, play and eat with the two year old once you are knackered.
- No need to worry about the 3 month old, they’re easy!
Good time was had and I think we have some nice pics to show for it….
Did I mention the dancing? Oh, well, the the inevitable evolution of any child, from baby to teen seems to need to include a period of over-confident-dancing, well, Scarlett may well have started early, but it seems set to continue… The pictures do not do it justice, it’s very entertaining: The victim in the case of the first picture is Barry, there will be others.
First real interaction with our Neighbours-to-be is to discuss why a tree of ours has fallen and crashed into/onto his tool-shed, this incident swiftly let to a series of calls from other neighbours bringing various other nature related issues, such as termites and dead looking trees… I hope this isn’t a sign…
Previous tree incident below from June last year also led to an interesting discussion with a surprisingly forgiving neighbour, yes that 10 meter tree is dangling over his house!